Datasets created by the reporting entity’s financial system can be incorporated into SACS Web System by using the Import function. To import a dataset, the dataset must meet the SACS Web System datafile specifications found in Attachment B.
Note: The import function accepts a dataset when the dataset and the options selected in the import dialog box match, as follows:
- Reporting period
- Fiscal year
- Entity, e.g., county or district
The functionality of Import is listed below:
Select an import type.
- Other – Use the Other option for importing data which is either exported from an LEA’s financial system or exported from the SACS Web System. When data is imported using the Other option, the SACS Web System performs various checks and calculations, depending on the reporting period and type of data:
|Checks and Calculations||Reporting Period||Data Type|
|Ending fund balances/net position (Object 979Z) are recalculated
Ending fund balances/net position (net beginning fund balances/net position plus revenues and other sources minus expenditures/expenses and other uses) are calculated as Object 979Z by fund and resource.
Object 979Z equals the sum of non spendable, restricted, committed, assigned, and unassigned fund balances (objects 9700–9790) for all funds except funds 61 through 95. For funds 61 through 95, Object 979Z equals the sum of net investment in capital assets (Object 9796), restricted net position (Object 9797), and unrestricted net position (Object 9790).
|Zero amounts are ignored
Zero amounts are ignored to prevent receiving fatal account code and combination technical review check exceptions for them.
|Assets, deferred outflows of resources, liabilities, and deferred inflows of resources (Objects 9100–9699) are ignored
Assets, deferred outflows of resources, liabilities, and deferred inflows of resources are ignored during import and cannot be input. Therefore, amounts reported as non spendable for Revolving Cash, Stores, and Prepaid Expenditures are not compared to the asset amounts or modified by the SACS Web System. Although not required, assets, deferred outflows of resources, liabilities, and deferred inflows of resources are allowed for estimated/unaudited actual data.
|Other Commitments (Object 9760) and Other Assignments (Object 9780) are recalculated
When Other Commitments and/or Other Assignments are detailed and saved in the Components of Ending Fund Balance/Net Position screen, general ledger amounts for objects 9760 and/or 9780 are recalculated by fund and resource.
|All||All, except Interim period
Actuals to Date
|Budgeted beginning fund balances/net position (Object 9791) are recalculated
Budgeted beginning fund balances/net position (Object 9791) are recalculated to equal the actual ending fund balances/net position by fund and resource.
NOTE: When estimated/unaudited actual ending fund balances/net position exist for any fund, budgeted beginning fund balances/net position are recalculated for all funds.
|Budget/ Unaudited Actuals||Budget|
|Non spendable amounts are compared to asset amounts
Amounts reported as non spendable for Revolving Cash (Object 9711), Stores (Object 9712), and Prepaid Expenditures (Object 9713) are compared to their respective asset amounts (objects 9130, 9320, and 9330, respectively) during system recalculations and, where different, are changed to equal the asset amounts even when the asset amounts are zero.
When there are asset amounts (objects 9130, 9320, and 9330) reported but there are no corresponding non spendable amounts, the SACS Web System creates the respective non spendable amounts (objects 9711, 9712, and 9713, respectively).
NOTE: When there are no amounts reported in assets for Revolving Cash (Object 9130), Stores (Object 9320) and Prepaid Expenditures (Object 9330):
• Their respective non spendable amounts (objects 9711, 9712, and 9713) remain unchanged during system recalculations for estimated actual data.
• Their respective non spendable amounts (objects 9711, 9712, and 9713) are deleted during system recalculations for unaudited actuals data.
|Budget/ Unaudited Actuals||Estimated/ Unaudited Actuals|
- Official –The Import Official option is used to import data previously exported using the Export Official option from the SACS Web System. Unlike the Import Other option, recalculations are not performed. Officially imported data may be viewed and officially exported without rerunning the technical review checks as long as no changes are made.