Submission Reports page
The Reports menu, accessible in the submission view, left navigation menu, provides the user with various reports in addition to and separate from the forms required for state reporting. The intent of providing these additional reports is to reduce the administrative reporting burden on LEAs and to eliminate duplication of effort for financial reporting to CDE program staff by automating reports to the extent possible. The available reports are based on the current reporting period.
PROGRAM BY RESOURCE REPORT
The Program by Resource report provides financial data, for the program resource(s) selected by the user, in formats typically requested by CDE program staff. For each combination of fund, resource, and project year selected, the software extracts data from the SACS database and generates four different versions of a report that details the amount available for expenditure, the expenditures, the difference between the amount available and the expenditures, and the percentage of eligible expenditures spent on indirect costs. The four versions of the Program by Resource report differ only in the way that expenditures are presented.
The Amount Available section is presented by object, the same way in all four versions of the report: Beginning balances, revenues by type, other financing sources and contributions, and unearned revenue.
The Expenditures section is presented differently in each version of the report:
- In the Object – Summary version, expenditures are presented at a summarized level by object
- In the Object – Detail version, expenditures are presented at a more detailed level by object, with some objects further divided between instructional and noninstructional functions
- In the Function – Summary version, expenditures are presented at a summarized level by function
- In the Function – Detail version, expenditures are presented at a more detailed level by function
The Balance (Total Available minus Total Expenditures and Other Financing Uses) is presented the same way in all four versions of the report. It is the calculated difference between the Total Available and the Total Expenditures and Other Financing Uses displayed in the report.
Indirect costs as a percentage of eligible expenditures are presented the same way in all four versions of the report: Eligible expenditures, indirect costs, and indirect costs divided by eligible expenditures. The data for these reports is extracted from general ledger (GL) data and is calculated within the report. The only data entry allowed is to identify the “expenditures through” date shown on the report. This date can be entered, revised, or deleted on the first worksheet. It will automatically be copied from there to the other three worksheets.
The report is available only for Actual data. It is not available for Budget data. The type of Actual data used in the report depends on the reporting period:
- Budget Periods: Estimated/Unaudited Actual data is used in the report
- Interim Periods: Actuals to Date data is used in the report
- Unaudited Actuals Period: Unaudited Actual data is used in the report
To generate a report, from the left navigation menu bar click on Program by Resource Report from the Reports menu. All resources, by fund and project year, for which general ledger data exists, will be displayed on screen. You may include one or more fund/ resource/ project year records in the report up to approximately 15. To select a range of contiguous records, click on the first record, hold down the shift key, click on the last record, and then click OK. To select multiple noncontiguous records, press the “CTRL” key, click on each record, and then click OK. In the resulting report, the data for all of the records included in the report will be combined and the records included in the report will be listed at the top of the report. To view each of the different versions of the report, click on the corresponding tab at the bottom of the screen. To print the report, click on the Print icon at the top right of the screen. These reports cannot be printed from the Table of Contents window.
Note that you can use double-click, instead of OK, to generate the report after selecting the records for inclusion. However, when the “CTRL” key is used to select multiple records and is held down while double-clicking, the last record selected is deselected before the report is generated. When Shift, or both Shift and CTRL, are used to select multiple records and are held down while double-clicking, the last record selected is not deselected before the report is generated. Also note that if more records are selected than can be included in the report, those that were not included are not listed at the top of the report.
- Per CSAM Procedure 315, the Project Year code, where needed, applies to revenues and expenditures but its use is optional for balance sheet accounts. Therefore, if revenues or expenditures within the GL data are reported by project year but beginning balances are not, and if not all project years for a given resource are selected for inclusion in the report, the calculated balance within the report (Total Available minus Total Expenditures and Other Financing Uses) may not agree to the calculated balance within the GL data for the resource as a whole (Object 979Z).
- The balances on the two versions of the report by object may differ from the balances on the two versions of the report by function if invalid account code combinations exist in the data. Any differences will be resolved when all import technical review exceptions are cleared.
CDE program staff are consulted with regard to the SACS data and reporting options available for their programs. Until you receive specific instructions from the CDE program staff to use these reports for periodic or end-of-year financial reporting, we suggest you send the applicable Program by Resource report from SACS along with the report requested by the CDE program staff.
Reports - Compare Calculated EFB vs 979Z (66110)
Reports - Expected to Report - Receipt and Certification Status (64110)
Reports - Submission Status Report - CDE (64150)
Reports - Fatal TRC Exceptions (66150)
Reports - Processing Status All Submission (64130)
Reports - Receipt Status Report (64140)
Reports - Receipt Messages Report - Submission Specific (59200)