Submission Workflow and Dataset Promotion
- Draft datasets are defined as datasets in the following states:
- Pending Internal Review
- Draft Datasets are visible on the Draft Dataset List only for the user who created the dataset
- Datasets in the Pending Internal Review state are visible to LEA users with the Dataset Approval role, on the Draft Dataset Approval queue
- LEA users may have a maximum of five draft datasets for selected fiscal year and specific entity
- Datasets can only be deleted when in the Draft state
Submission datasets are datasets that are exclusive to the entity and visible on the dashboard for any entity user the with Edit Dataset or Dataset Approval role. Submission datasets are datasets in the following states:
- New Dataset Submission - Data Entry - Update Dataset - Promote to CDE Review - Promote to 1st Level LEA Review - Promote to 2nd Level COE Review - LEA Oversight Review Completed - Pending CDE Authorization - LEA Publish
- The New Dataset Submission state is the initial state in which other users within the entity may edit forms, import data, and enter data elements.
- The Data Entry state is used to edit forms, import data, and to allow manual entry of data elements, as well as run validations and make corrections.
- The Update Dataset state is reflected when oversight returns a dataset for corrections.
- The Promote to CDE Review state is used by COEs and single district county school districts to submit the budget and interim datasets to CDE for review and approval. The submission is locked for data edits by the submitter.
- The Promote to 1st Level LEA Review state is used when the dataset has been sent to the 1st level of Oversight to review the submission and approve or reject the submission. The submission is locked for data edits by the submitter.
- The Promote to 2nd Level COE Review is used to provide an additional review level for Charter Schools Authorized by Districts submissions. The submission is locked for data edits by 1st Level reviewers.
- The LEA Oversight Review Complete state is reflected for submissions (that are in reporting period Budget or Interim 1 – 3) that have been approved by Oversight. The system locks the submission, preventing edits.
- The Pending CDE Authorization state is used to move the submission in the UA reporting period to the CDE workflow for CDE review and approval.
- The LEA Publish state is used to identify a submission as published and the submission is displayed on the Published Dataset list.
Formal Submission Datasets
Formal submission datasets are defined as datasets that have been promoted to CDE, in the New Submission state or higher. Formal submissions will be displayed as “In CDE Review”
After an LEA submits a formal dataset submission, they may need to revise and resubmit a new dataset to replace the formal dataset version that was submitted to the CDE. When a new draft dataset that is created for resubmission and promoted through the LEA workflow process, use a dataset name that clearly identifies it, is a resubmission.
- Resubmission datasets are defined as datasets in the following states:
- Resubmission Required
- Submission Replaced
- Resubmission Rejected
- Only one active LEA submission is allowed in their entity wide submission area.
- When the resubmission is at the Promote to CDE Review status, the system recognizes the dataset as a resubmission (since there was a previous formal submission for the entity). SACS automatically sets the resubmitted dataset to the Resubmission status and CDE is alerted by email.
- CDE will stop further review of the original dataset and determine whether the resubmitted dataset will replace the original submission.
- The status for original dataset is changed to Submission Replaced and email is triggered to the LEA.
- If the submission is rejected, the state for resubmitted dataset is changed to Resubmission Rejected and email is triggered to LEA and the original dataset will continue through the review process.
- If CDE rejects a submission, CDE will return the submission to the LEA and set the status to Resubmission Required.
A COE or SBE oversight user may email CDE to request a recall for a submission in CDE review for a given entity, fiscal year and reporting period. The CDE may return the submission to the LEA by setting the state to Active Submission Returned. The submission then goes back through the LEA workflow process for corrections.
- Recalled dataset are defined as datasets in the following state:
- Active Submission Returned
Datasets not in the Published states (Published or CDE Published) may be changed to the Active Submission Returned state and the CDE Received field is set to null.
After oversight review is complete for datasets, the dataset will be published within the system. Published datasets are defined as datasets in the following states:
- LEA Published
- CDE Published